Date Posted:13 December 2019
Will your Pet Survive the Bushfires this Summer?
According to ABC News, “The heatwave conditions saw Australia listed among the hottest countries in the world on Thursday”.
It is common knowledge that everyone in a high bushfire risk area should have a Bushfire Survival Plan and Emergency Fire Kit – but have you considered for your pets?
According to CFS and RSPCA “Having a plan for your pets could be the key to survival this bushfire season”.
Whether your Bushfire Plan suggests you leave or stay, it is important that you have an up-to-date Emergency Fire Kit for your pets, stored in an easily accessible place. Also, In the event of a bushfire ensure all pets are microchipped and wearing an up-to-date collar for recognition.
Below are some critical items you could consider to include in your pets’ Emergency Bushfire Kit:
- Food and Water
- A bowl for each pet
- A spare collar and lead
- A carrier for cats and smaller animals
- Thermaguard Fire Blanket (As supplied to Govt. fire personnel https://www.thermaguard.com.au/supertherm-lite-personal-fire-blanket)
- A pet first aid kit
- Your vets phone number
- Medication, along with a list of what they are
- Vaccination/Registration Certificates
- Any other necessity you think your pets will require
If you have any queries regarding a Supertherm Lite Fire Blanket to include in your pet’s fire kit, please contact us on 1300 948 241 or email email@example.com