Date Posted:8 February 2019
The Fire Crew Protection Team at Thermaguard® is thinking of the firefighters in Western Australia who are still fighting the Forrestdale bushfires.
As Australians, we are proud of the constant commitment that our country’s professional fire fighters are showing to save our people and property from life-threatening bushfires throughout VIC, TAS, WA, SA, QLD, NSW and NT.
Keep up the great work and stay safe this fire season!
"Lightning is believed to be the cause of of the Forrestdale fire that has burned through 156 hectares.
The blaze is now contained and under control but at 5 pm a watch and act alert remains in place due to high winds.
Roads still closed:
- Broome Street at Forrest Road.
- Armadale Road, between Anstey Road and Tonkin Highway.
- Anstey Road between Armadale Road and Ranford Road.
Roads open but at reduced speed:
- Armadale Road both directions between Tonkin Hwy and Ranford Rd - speed reduced to 60km/h.
- Tonkin Hwy both directions between Ranford Rd and Rowley Rd - speed reduced to 80km/h.
- Forrest Road between Tonkin Highway and Eleventh Road.
- Twelfth Road between Armadale Road and Forrest Road."
Read more about the report here: "Forrestdale bushfire: Blaze contained as firefighters battle through the night"